These super delicious vegan Norwegian waffles are one of my favorites recipes!
They are inspired to taste exactly like what Norwegians waffles should taste like. And they are made completely vegan with some healthier twists! You can make them sugar-free if you want, and there is no oil in the recipe.
I love to make it almost everyday, it´s so good!
- 4,5 dl Soymilk
- 1 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 3 dl flour
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (affiliate link)
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1,5 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 dl sugar (If you don´t want to use white sugar, you can either use 1 mashed banana or coconut sugar. Or you can just skip it)
- Few drops of vanilla extract
1. Whisk together soymilk and apple cider vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes.
2. Then you just whisk together the rest of the ingredients and let it sit for a few minutes.
3. Now it´s time to make the waffles! Spread vegan butter or your favorite oil on the waffle iron so it doesn’t stick.
4. Let them cool down a bit and dig in!
You have now made some super delicious waffles. So easy and so yummy!
I stack mine like pancakes and top it with fresh mix of berries, then drizzle on some maple syrup.
Keep in mind that if you do not add sugar to the recipe, I do recommend using some kind of sweetener on the waffles like maple syrup.
You can add traditional Norwegian toppings too such as strawberry jam and brown cheese or regular cheese to get the full experience. I personally like to have a healthier version and it still taste tasteful.
Hope you end up loving these vegan Norwegian waffles recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you like it <3
ALSO READ: Hot Chocolate / Vegan Recipe
ALSO READ: Chocolate Chips Banana Bread Recipe
ALSO READ: The Ultimate Chocolate Protein Thick Shake – Vegan Recipe