This delicious citrusy & sweet margarita is perfect for any kind of celebrating.
Whether you are having friends over or celebrating any kind of event this cocktail would be a hit. Oh, and it might just be perfect for Halloween because of its bloody color!
Let´s be honest, I´m not the biggest alcohol lover, however a good refreshing cocktail I never can say no to. I created this with some inspiration from Pinterest and a creative mind I surprisingly had made this ´ Bloody Margarita ´. It might not look so spooky, but with some creative scary garnish, you can have a pretty good Halloween drink if you ask me!
A Healthy Twist
In the mixture, there is freshly squeezed blood orange juice and lime juice. I also added raw beetroot powder to create a deeper red color. And because why not get some extra minerals while you drink a cocktail you know… Haha.
I love using fresh produce when creating something in the kitchen, and it´s important for me to have a healthy twist on everything I make!
- 1 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Blood Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Tequila, More or less after taste
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/2 Liquor (I used Cointreau)
- 1/2 Cup Agave Syrup, More or less after taste
- 1-2 Tbs Raw Beetroot Powder (optional)
- Ice cubes
Optional: Salt for a salt-rimmed glass. Blood orange and lime wedges for garnish.
- Add everything except ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and shake well!
- For a salt-rimmed glass: Pour salt into a deep plate, then wet the rim of the glass with a lime wedge. Dip the glass in the salt and voilà, you have a salt-rimmed glass!
- Add Ice cubes in the glass and then fill it with the margarita mixture and stir well.
Beet juice brilliant
This looks delicious – thanks for sharing
Thanks so much, Julie. Glad you liked this post! Have a lovely weekend.